Take to the skies and get incredible views of South Iceland’s black sand beaches, green mountains, and volcanic rock formations on a paragliding tour from Vík Village. There is no better way to see Iceland’s breathtaking landscapes than above, gliding across the sky with countless birds soaring around you. A paragliding tour is the perfect experience for thrill-seekers looking for a unique and unforgettable experience.
This tour begins in the village of Vík, close to Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. After introductions, the pilot will drive you a little way out of town to the take-off point. Depending on weather conditions, you might have to hike a little to the perfect spot for your flight.
No prior experience is needed to join this tour since you will be flying in tandem with a trained, experienced and licensed pilot. The pilot will go over all safety features and take extra care to make sure you feel both safe and comfortable throughout the flight. You are also free to ask as many questions as you might have, and the pilot will be more than happy to answer all of them.
Once you are strapped in and ready, the real fun can begin. As you run with your pilot for take-off, you are sure to feel the adrenaline rush and perhaps a ping of nerves. However, once your feet are lifted off the ground, the initial fear usually turns into excitement and joy.
While soaring in the sky like a bird, you’ll see the spectacular views South Iceland has to offer. Below are stretches of black sand beaches, craggy volcanic rock formations, and luscious farmlands. In the distance, you’ll see mountains, glaciers, and the vast North Atlantic Ocean. Paragliding is undoubtedly one of the best ways to experience the beauty of the wild Icelandic nature.
Soar across the summer sky on your visit to South Iceland with this amazing tandem paragliding tour. Book now to secure your spot on this popular adventure.
- Use of all safety and flying equipment
- Ride between Vík and take-off location
- Hotel pick-up
- Transportation between Reykjavík and Vík
Good to know
- The average duration of the flight (or time you spend in the air) is around 10-15 minutes
- The duration of the tour is around 1.5-2 hours which includes rides between Vík and the take-off location, safety instructions and checks, and time waiting for the right conditions
- There is no age limit but there is a weight limit. Minimum weight is 25kg (55lbs) and the maximum weight is 130kg (286.6lbs)
- This tour is weather dependent so make sure you allow some flexibility in your schedule when booking this tour. The departure time might be changed due to weather conditions. Please check your email before your flight in case there has been any changes
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Closed shoes, preferably hiking boots
- Gloves and a thin hat to wear under a helmet